Jenny Pope's Carved Out Place!

Aug 18, 2011

A little about Jenny

G' Day

Sit down for a bit and check out my art and this blog! I am a full-time artist residing in the the lovely Finger Lakes region of NY State. If you like wine, winemakers, waterfalls, cross country skiing, and acedemia then Ithaca is the perfect spot! Oh, and woodpeckers. We have seen 7 species in our yard, and, had 3 species let us know that there were bugs in our shingles.

Wanna Chat?

Feel free to contact me anytime about art, ecology, ideas for new woodcuts, or to tell me to get on task and stop wasting my time on Etsy and facebook :) my email address is jpopstudios@gmail.com

I also am available for lectures and an occasional workshop. My presentations can include information about my artwork and important topics such as invasive species, endangered animals and extinct animals as well as the business side of art and how I have found a way to make a living through art festivals.

Favorite Things

I love birds, my poodle, my partner Craig Mains, and reading about ecology and the environment and how we are changing our planet. I am always up for a good read, so please pass any favorite books along. David Quammen and E.O. Wilson are two of my favorite nature authors. Their writing has shaped my artwork on multiple occasions. Traveling is a wonderful activity, my life involves trekking to 17 cities all over the country each year, and, a trip to Italy is in my future! If you are needing any lionfish woodcuts in your life, take a look at my Kickstarter project where I am trying to pre-sell some art to pay way to the land of pasta. Thank you for taking a peek!








No comments:

Post a Comment